Terms & Conditions
Swinton People is a personal and private website. It is the accumulation of years of hard work and for now and the foreseeable future, I welcome anybody with an interest in Swinton to view my Swinton People project.
There is no cost or charge of any kind for registering with Swinton People or for using Swinton People.
Swinton People offers no guarantee of accuracy for records held and displayed and would advise any visitor or Genealogist to verify records using their own means.
By registering to use Swinton People or by visiting Swinton People, you will have access to data pertaining to people who have lived in Swinton, and occasionally, in other towns (usually surrounding Swinton). Photographs of headstones/graves will also be visible, to registered users, of where a photographic record exists that I have taken or that has been donated to Swinton People.
By using Swinton People, you agree to the following:-
1) You agree that you have no objection to the collection of data regarding Swinton’s past inhabitants.
2) You agree that you are not offended by imagery of headstones/graves and do not object to them, whether it be a photo of a grave belonging to a relation, friend or unknown person/family.
3) You agree to only use any information taken from Swinton People for personal usage.
4) Photographs displayed on Swinton People should not be copied, saved or distributed without prior permission.
5) You will not attempt to harm Swinton People website in any way and agree to use it for genuine purposes and not for ulterior motives.
If at a later point in time you decide that you do not agree with any of the above conditions, you should request that your membership to Swinton People is deleted (if registered) or cease to visit the website. If it is discovered that any member or visitor has violated any of the above conditions, their membership to Swinton People will be terminated without written explanation, I.P. addresses blocked from visiting Swinton People, and any future correspondence will be ignored.